It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Front bag won't drain.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:12 am 
Team Axis

My front arrow bag will fill but will not drain. I think the drain pump is bad. It's a 2013 A22, where is that pump located? Any other ideas on what could cause it?

Thanks,
Jason

Post subject: Re: Front bag won't drain.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:55 am 
Team Axis

Do you hear the pump come on with the switch? If so and it's not draining try and kick it or something to force water into the pump to prime it, I had to do this on mine. If you don't hear the pump it's likely bad or isn't getting power.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:29 pm 
Team Axis

ThatGuy wrote:
Do you hear the pump come on with the switch? If so and it's not draining try and kick it or something to force water into the pump to prime it, I had to do this on mine. If you don't hear the pump it's likely bad or isn't getting power.

I am pretty sure we can hear it. I have tried priming it and it doesn't seem to help. I am assuming its one of the pumps under the hole by the drivers seat correct?

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:29 pm 
Team Axis

Trace the drain hose. If it has extra length there could be air trapped in a loop. Fairly common issue and can be resolved just by cutting the hose to the exact length needed. Also could be debris in the cartridge. You can remove the cartridge and inspect.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:04 am 
Team Axis

I'm assuming the front system you have is similar to my 12. If so, you're drain pump can be accessed through the circular access hatch. There should be 4 pumps you can reach there. 2 fill pumps, both attached to the bottom of the boat. The center tank drain pump will be attached to the tank. The drain pump for the bag, the one you want, lies loose. So it should be easy to figure out what is what. I've worked on mine and was able to almost pull it all the way out of the center hatch. This will vary with hose length. Have a phillips head accessable, preferably with a magnetic tip.
Hit the switch while the pump is in your hand to see if it is in fact running or simply dead. If you aren't popping the fuse every time you turn it on and you hear something happening then you may just have a clog. Pull the cartridge and see if the pump body is clogged. Otherwise, the cartridge replacement is 40-50$ online and takes 5 minutes to swap out.